Wednesday, September 3, 2008

First Day of School




It was the first day of school for Wild today-well sorta. They now do this 'integral' system where it takes a good week before they attend a 'full' day of half-day kindergarten. So yesterday they didnt have kindergarten at all. Today they went in groups of four/five for half an hour. Tomorrow half the class goes for 1 1/2 hrs. Friday the other half goes for 1 1/2 hrs (Wild doesnt go at all). Monday its everyone for 1 1/2 hrs and Tuesday is now no school due to a district wide half day. So next Wednesday is the first full half day.

Seems to me a long time to 'transition' kids into school when I think the majority of kids today have either attended pre-school or daycare. I didnt see one kid that was scared or uneasy to go into the classroom and they were all more upset to leave the school so quickly. Wild was mostly upset that he didnt get a snack time today.

So heres a few pics.

I wonder how long it will take to transition them all when its a real full day of kindergarten??!!

On a separate note I am happy to report that Pixie is now taking a bottle! We finally found the type she likes and it seems to be going well. We are giving her one a day for now which is nice for me to not always have to plan my outings in two and a half hour or less intervals.

2 comments:

4ever29 said...

Yah for the bottle! N NEVER took one so she was nursed until she was 16 months old!

She is starting Kindergarten this week too and is chomping at the bit to go for more than an hour!

See you at brunch next week :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Angela,
You might remember me from Coq.Alliance years ago. I'm Andrew's sister, (andrew&kate)if that helps you! I stumbled on your Kewt Kids site today and would like to invite you to participate in a Christmas Craft Fair that my friend and I host every year in town. And yes, I live in the same town as you. (I found that out when I ran into Cam a while ago!)
If you are interested, email me and I can give you more info. We'd LOVE to have some of your stuff at our Fair. It's really nice stuff!
Email me at angelinaroy@shaw.ca

Angelina