Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Bigger than the One Sock Epidemic

It used to be the never solved issue of where all the single socks came from. I would search and search for missing socks and never have them appear. I dont know if they disappear before they make it to the wash, somewhere in between or on route to being put away. But in the end I have a small (okay large) collection of single socks.

But I have now been met with a new oddity. Our large cupboard of re-usable plastic holds dozens of different containers. We have large, medium, and small containers, round, square and rectangular containers, even cone shaped and tubular containers-the assortment is grand! But do you think we can find a container and lid to match??? Nope. I pulled apart the whole cupboard tonight trying to find something to store our leftovers in. I ended up with 18 lids with no bottoms and seven containers with no lids! I threw out (put in recycling) 12 of the lids but couldnt get rid of the rest in "hopes' that one day the matches show up.

For now I will keep searching for that secret garden where a striped sock dances with a lid banging black dress sock after taking a swim in a plastic bowl pool.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I too have a billion lids and nothing to put them on. Maybe the bottoms are sitting somewhere with one sock in each.