Tuesday, August 26, 2008

"Solids"




So we are on day three of trying 'solid' food with Pixie. Maybe the pictures give you a clue that it is not going so well. Pixie has her mind set that she likes nothing but good old breast milk. And this is becoming a bit of a frustration for me.
We have also tried to introduce a bottle and have gone through numerous nipple types to try to get her to use a bottle-no such luck. At first I was using breast milk in the bottles and with the rice cereal but as any breast feeding mother will tell you there is nothing more upsetting than having to garbage your milk. It is so depressing. So I thought I'd use formula instead until she agrees to take the bottle-but maybe now she doesnt like the formula and the bottle???
Anyways...........the solids seem to have gone a bit better today and i am hoping for a little improvement each day.
Normally I wouldnt care much about it but I have a deadline to meet. I am going away Sept 20th for the night and she has to eat something while I am gone. I really hope the next few weeks show some agreement on her part.
Oh and the drama she gives me about the bottle. It is like I have done the worst thing possible to her. She gets all pouty and cries her 'woe is me' cry that I think is for the Grandmas cause she doesnt get any sympathy from me with it. I think it is surreal how young they learn how to play with others emotions.
So goes my days.................

No comments: