Okay it's raining outside. It's been raining outside since yesterday. Now normally I dont complain about the rain because I really like rain. My favourite sound is the rain falling on the skylight or on the car roof. And its easier to have it rain than go out and water the plants. But couldnt it just rain for an hour or two and then go away? Or rain at night only?
The real reason I find it so annoying in August is that it is our only summer month. The kids school has an alternate calender and they attend three months on, one month off. So in the summer they are in school for July and only have August off. We love the way the calender works and really feel it is a beneficial way of learning. But when you only have 32 days of summer vacation and it has already rained 2 for 2 it is a bit frustrating.
You figure it out. Three kids, summer time and rain. It does not make for my favourite combination. There are not a whole lot of places to take the kids indoors that dont cost money. We try to mix up the no/low cost activities with the bigger, costlier ones. Adding rain to the picture doesnt help.
So if it could not rain till Sept I'd love that ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment