We are back from our trip to Sunny California (Although it rained a few days and wasn't so sunny). It was a great trip.
The boys had a great time and were mostly good (long days and extra sugar dont always work well). My step-dad and mom came with us and made it all a bit easier. Everyone had lots of time to go on rides, see the attractions they wanted and take a break when needed. I think the seven nights was the right amount of time to spend five days at disney/claifornia park. We had one day of 'no parks' that gave us a bit of sanity in the middle of the trip.
The trip home was a whole other adventure. We drove home through a six hour blizzard from Seattle, saw the truck in front of us go into the guardrails and the two cars behind us collide, as well as having to completely stop driving at some points in Blaine due to total white-out conditions. To say the least it was a long drive home.
Then there is the problem with going on a mid-december holiday. We return to be thrown into Christmas madness. We arrived home at 1:30am thurs. Thursday we had to unpack, do laundry clean the house, mail out cards that hadnt been done yet, buy a tree, go grocery shopping and clean the house. Friday night was my sides family Christmas at our house so I was busy that day cooking and cleaning as well as trying to get some wrapping done.
This of course left me with Sat to go shopping at the mall. I have to say I HATE the mall at Christmas time. I was there 3 1/2 hours and found very little and wanted to crawl in a corner and cry. Too many people dawdling and stopping mid-step and just generally being annoying all around. I think Christmas Shopping is going to be on my rules list (more on this later but I have lists of general life things that I feel need to be known-#1 are my drive thru rules).
So now its Sunday. I have most shopping done (missing a very vital gift for one kid though). I do have to wrap most things still though. I think next time I plan a December holiday I either plan it right over Christmas or make sure all is done before I go away.


No comments:
Post a Comment