Wednesday, November 26, 2008

First Word

So Pixie said her first word tonight.
It was 'Dada". And although I am elated that she has learned to talk and associate words to specific things it also makes me a bit sad. She is growing way too fast.
She has almost mastered crawling and can move herself anywhere she wants to already. She is trying to stand up and I'm sure she'll be figuring that out soon enough.
But today when we returned from our day at work (she comes with me most of the time)-she saw Cameron and clearly said 'dada'. Then the rest of the night kept repeating it whenever asked. It is very cute.
I just wish it had been 'mama'.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I'm STILL waiting for "mama". He says it now and then, but he usually calls me "Nanny". I guess he hears people call me "Nancy".

I know what you mean though. Happy with the progress but sad that she's entering another stage. They grow up too fast.