Saturday, July 26, 2008

On the Right Path

Lately most of my free time is spent developing my business Kewt Kids. I sew everyday, I take an almost daily trip to the fabric store, I work on packaging and labeling, I take pictures of my products, I develop my customer list and I brainstorm on new ideas. And I am thoroughly enjoying doing all of this. The first thing I want to do in the morning is sew and the last thing I am doing at night is work related (okay this may be partially due to the fact that this is when you have free time with three kids). But never have I wanted to be creating products more than now.

This was all very confirmed this week. I agreed to make two bridesmaid dresses for a wedding this August. I have made numerous gowns over the years and thought taking just two this summer would be a nice little project. Of course this was all planned before I really started working on my business and I didnt know how much work I would have. And although I am enjoying the change in projects and a break from cotton (what i almost always use) and I enjoy the challenge of creativity (one gown has to be altered to a maternity dress)-I cant say that I am really looking forward to working on these gowns everyday like I do my own projects (sorry Stacy). Its more of 'work' versus my business which is a passion. But I must say I am thankful for these gowns. I just didnt know how much I loved what I was doing until I had to set it all aside for a bit and do something different. I really think I am being guided in the direction I am going and will take the friendly reminder that I am on the right track.

1 comment:

Stacy Kaye said...

No worries! I'm glad you are enjoying your real work! It's good to see you doing something you are passionate about. I must say, though, I'm thankful that you are making my dress! I don't think I would trust anyone else with the state that I am in!!