Tuesday, July 1, 2008

3 Months

I can't believe its been three months since Pixie joined this family. It really doesn't seem like that long ago that I was pregnant and waiting for her arrival. Life is starting to calm down (as much as it can with three kids). The days are getting easier and Pixie is starting to calm down easier and is more consistent with how she likes to be calmed down-making life a bit less chaotic. I still find it strange how different she has been from the boys and how with my third child I find myself more at a loss of how to take care of her than I was with J-Man. The basics are easier but those daily events like eating and sleeping and stomach pains are still keeping me guessing some days. All in all I think we are all used to the family having a baby in it now.
So Wild had his Kindergarten orientation the other day. He is very excited about going to school and was extra excited to learn that one of Cam's co-workers sons is in his class. Now I have two more months of hearing him ask if he goes to kindergarten today! he is so proud to be a big brother and shows off his little sister all the time. I think he is going to be a real protector of her when they are older.
J-Man is a true 7 1/2 year old. Growing out of little kid and into an older kid. I find it hard to handle him some days and think that I generally expect too much of him-I have to remember he's 7. And I truly think 7, 8, and 9 must be some of the hardest years as a kid. At some moments you are expected to do what you are told and wait for help and not get things on your own. And then minutes later you are being told that you are old enough to know better, do it yourself or not need instructions. It really is trail and error to figure out which rules apply when and I think it takes these years to do that. So I think J-Man is doing pretty good. Yes I am beyond frustrated with him often and we have power struggles but I am trying to remember his age and trying to 'guide' him rather than 'order' him so often.

1 comment:

Bell Family said...

Oh my god - I am so with you on the issues with J-Man as I have my own J-Man and know EXACTLY what you're talking about. Well done Mama Jonat